Women not girls rule my world
I said they rule my world
Act your age, mama (Not your shoe size)
Not your shoe size
My name is Tip and I’m addictied to the internet there I said it…I spend a lot of time on-line, reading, searching, wasting time, etc. So I ran across this article on Yahoo! Shine and found it sorta interesting. I’ve added my comments to her list (red=disagree, green=agree, no comment=indifferent).
1. Buying clothes from the junior section. Umm if I’m 30+ and can still wear juniors I am. However, I do understand the point the author is trying to make, just be cause they make it in your size or you can squeeze into it doesn’t make it age appropriate. i.e. don’t walk around looking like you borrow your clothes from your tween daughter. However just because its in juniors doesn’t make it wrong.
2. Forgetting her parents’ birthdays. This is wrong at any age
3. Making out with her BFFs at bars for attention. eww
4. Making out with her boyfriend at bars for attention. eww
5. Filling her bed with stuffed animals (really, even one is too many). Agree
6. Carrying a torch for anyone she hasn’t seen in the last five years.
7. Rebelling against her parents for the sake of rebelling against her parents. This wasn’t cool after like age 18
8. Declaring an entire gender “all jerks.” AGREED
9. Holding a grudge against anyone who wronged her in high school. This wasn’t cool at 20
10. Skipping regular gyno exams. Wasn’t cool past sexual activity
11. Going to bed without washing and moisturizing her face. Uhh I’m lazy
12. Being “that person” who had a bit too much to drink at the office party. Never was ok
13. Crushing on Justin Bieber. He’s a cutie
14. Thinking she’s got it all figured out. We never do at any age
15. Calling her father “daddy.” Whatever I’mma always call my daddy daddy, what am I supposed to call him father
16. Engaging in sibling rivalry. agree
17. Trying to get by on her looks. I see her point, but hey if you can
18. Living paycheck to paycheck. hmmm, in this economy
19. Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save her. Hell, it was never a reality, you might as well keep dreaming
20. Aimlessly jumping from job to job. hey as long as your paying your bills
21. Using MySpace to pick up guys. Who does this?
22. Expecting a man to do all the wooing. Uh I wanna be wooed, not saying I’m not reciprocating but still
23. Wishing she had someone else’s life. Agree
24. Expecting everyone to drop everything because it’s her birthday… nuetral because i’m sort of guilty
25. … or because her “boyfriend” of two weeks dumped her. maybe not everything, but thats part of being a friend
26. Measuring her self-worth by a number on the scale. Agree
27. Being cheap. Again its a recession, I need to be cheap to prevent #18
28. Quitting a job without having a new one lined up first (especially in this economy!).
29. Blaming her mother for all her issues. Agree
30. Romanticizing her 20s. its good to choose to remember the good times
So what did you guys thin? Obviously I disagreed with several on Ms. Wendy Atterberry had on her list, some of them were spot on, and others weren’t cute at ANY age. So, what should you drop once you hit the mature age of 30? Do you agree with the items on this list? What would you add?